WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXHIBIT AT RUST-EN-VREDE GALLERY?
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE FULLY BOOKED. All new applications will now be considered for 2023.
- Rust-en-Vrede Gallery has a selection committee who review works submitted for possible exhibitions. Applications can only be submitted during the last week of each month.
- All applicants for submission have to be paid-up friends (members) of Rust-en-Vrede. ‘Friendship’ is R100 per year.
- Your first submission must be in DIGITAL FORMAT. You need to submit 6 to 8 original works for review. This must be your most RECENT work or PREFERABLY the work that you wish to exhibit at Rust-en-Vrede Gallery.
- If selected, be aware that you might be requested to submit the physical works at a later stage.
- Your submission must also include your updated art related CV, as well as a short proposal or concept of your proposed exhibition, i.e. a motivation for your exhibition focusing on theme, intention and aims. If you only want your work approved for possible group exhibitions, or for a small solo in Salon C (the entrance room), please state so on your proposal. Your submission must also be accompanied by a list of titles, medium and proposed prices of the artworks.
- The selection committee’s decision as to exhibitions is based on their majority vote. The decision of the selection committee is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- You need to be aware that if your work is accepted, in some cases, you may have to wait for one year or more for a show at Rust-en-Vrede Gallery.
- Should your work be accepted for a solo exhibition, you will need to sign a contract with Rust-en-Vrede Gallery concerning your show here.
- Be advised that there are some expenses involved in having an exhibition at Rust-en-Vrede Gallery. Please enquire about these once you have been accepted for an exhibition.
- For all enquiries, please contact Hamlin Jansen van Vuuren on 068 457 8589.
- For your convenience below is a copy of the Main Gallery Layout with all measurements in millimetres.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
S 33 49’52” E 18 38’54”
On the N1 from the City Take the Durbanville offramp (exit 23) R302 Turn LEFT into Willie van Schoor Ave, which becomes Durban Rd. (It takes you past Tyger Valley Centre.) You stay on this road for approximately 7 km. Turn RIGHT into Wellington Rd. Approximately 300m into Wellington Rd (before you get to the first set of robots that crosses Wellington Rd) you will find Checkers on your left and Rust-en-Vrede Gallery directly opposite. (There is a paved area with trees, a green fence surrounding a park/garden with a Cape Dutch building recessed in the park – THAT’S US – entry is on the side.